Wednesday, January 7

Looking Back.... 2008

I stole this from Carrie and Kara.

(Haven't had the time to upload pictures from our trip yet. So enjoy this randomness.)

In my 2008...

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Got engaged.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I really just try to be happy and not get mad at myself for being myself. So yes, I did! Next year - same thing.

Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin, Jill, had a baby girl Daley. Tons of old friends from college and high school. But none here in Orlando.

Did anyone close to you die? My Uncle Paul (in November) and my Aunt Betty (in December). They both led very blessed lives.

What countries did you spend time in this year? USA.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Not sure yet. Pretty happy with what I have now.

What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 2, 2008 - got engaged!

What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Being happy. (I know that sounds silly, but I've been trying a long time to just be.)

What was your biggest failure? Not doing more.

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? Nope.

What was the best thing you bought? P90X.

Whose behavior merited celebration? Friends and Family.

Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? Don't know.

Where did most of your money go? Dinner. I really like food.

Compared to this time last year, are you,

a) happier or sadder? Happier

b) thinner or fatter? No idea

c) richer or poorer? Richer

What did you get really, really excited about? Seeing friends when they've come to visit.

What do you wish you'd done more of? Travel. Must. Travel. More.

Did you fall in love in 2008? Even more so? Yes.

How many one-night stands? None.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.

What was the best book you read? Eat Pray Love.

What did you want and not get? New house. New car. New everything.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 28, and Darin and I were driving back from a Clemson football game.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If Darin was more happy with his progress - but he's doing great. Wish I could show him somehow.

What political issue stirred you the most? Science. Who was going to keeping giving government funding to science/research. It's important because it's what both Darin and I do.

Who did you miss? My good friends that have moved away who I don't get to talk to regularly anymore (or as much as I used to.)

Who was the best new person you met? Suzanne! We have so much in common - it's great to listen and share with her.

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2008: Things just happen. And you have to deal with them as they happen. So just deal with them. (Simple, really.)

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?) "I won't worry my life away" Jason Mraz

No comments: