Wednesday, January 28

Finishing the Holidays: Seattle Part Three

Sorry it took me forever to get to this post. Been busy (reading, really. I was obsessed there for awhile.) I decided I should probably get this one done before all of the others!

Getting on with it...

One of the main things Darin wanted to do on this vacation was to go snowboarding. He loved all of his previous adventures, and it was one of his favorite things to do.

So snowboarding we went. All of us (excluding Mother and Cricket). yep. Dad went!

We were a little worried about the state of the roads/weather, but decided it was definitely worth it IF we put the snow chains on the tires. (And it made Darin and I feel so much better!)

We went to Mt. Baker. It was fun. Scary. But fun.



Beautiful Mountain

Dru, Dad, and I decided to take lessons because we had never really snowboarded before. That was an experience.

Here, pictures really do speak more than words... enjoy!



Del, action shot



Dad, action shot



Dru and Darin



Del



Darin
(How great was this picture!?)

After the lesson, Dad and I had chili and Dru and Darin went on the Beginner slope. I was scared. Maybe next time!



Rock On!

Darin just went everywhere on the mountain. I think he made it to all of the runs. He was a happy guy.

Went home and had a GREAT dinner.

***

Next morning, we had to take Dru to Seattle for work. Boo on Mondays. We also decided to "do" the city because Darin hadn't really explored before.

But there was this crazy wind storm. Yikes.

Did the normal routine - Pike Place Market.



Mom and Dad



Darin and Del



Darin and Fish. Sigh.



It was fun as always. I can't wait until we visit in the summer and they hand out strawberries and raspberries. After grabbing some of Seattle's best chowder, we drove up to Queen Anne to check out the incredible view.



Seattle View. Notice, no Mt. Rainier



After that, we went to a bar to watch a BOWL game - The Alamo Bowl, Missouri vs Northwestern.

Go M.I.Z.Z.O.U!





And they WON - in overtime. What a way to end the visit!

No comments: