Wednesday, April 21

Tulsa Trip: Day 1

It finally happened.

I returned to Tulsa.

Kidding, kidding.

I've been meaning to go back forever - should have come back for other good friends' weddings, but I could never get the price to be reasonable. But this time, I checked this airlines and found a great deal.

And so off we went - to see old friends and to celebrate with Carrie and Matt (they were getting married!)

***

Ended up flying into Bentonville, Arkansas and driving east to Tulsa. It worked out great. We decided to get some dinner in Arkansas (Darin's first time). We got us some bbq.



Gumbo. Spicy!



Ribs. Pork, baby back style.
And hush puppies.

The place was called Brightwood Grill - it was very very good. Ended up driving later that day and got into Beth and Dave's about 10 pm. Worked out really well.

***

Next day, we drove into T-town and went to campus. In case you didn't know, I went to school in Tulsa at TU. I loved every minute I was in college and picked the perfect school for me. It was exciting to show Darin my school and share with him my memories.

One BIG memory was:



My sorority house. Lived here for 3.5 years.



View of downtown from campus.



D on football field



I played flag football on this same field.
Great. Memories.

And then I made him drive around Tulsa with me. I got Bill and Ruth's for lunch. Merritt's for dessert. We saw the Golden Driller. The praying hands.



Cookies.

And then we headed off to Beth and Dave's - our wonderful hosts!

How was it that I never actually get pictures of people...

We found that their animals weren't as social/friendly/talkative as they were...



The bird.



The guinea pigs. (2 of 5)



And Heidi.
The cutest puppy ever.

Enjoyed just hanging out and playing with Heidi. She had the best personality ever - such a crazy sweetheart.

It was good to just relax that afternoon. That night we went to the rehearsal dinner (what's with me not taking pictures?!) and headed to The Bar for some drinks with friends. Nothing like smoke filled bar with 3.2 % beer. Oh Tulsa, how I missed you.

Next up. Wedding.

1 comment:

Maria said...

The house need a new roof! Wow! And just fyi, the turf has been replaced since we played on it. We are officially old! It was great to see you! :)