Tuesday, October 26

It's not 'goodbye', it's 'see you next time'

Two weekends ago, Jake and I took a quick trip up to Gainesville to see Kucku and Anupama. It just so happened that Anupama was going to be leaving for India in a couple of days, and Jake and I needed to visit for some friend-time.

She was leaving the US for good. Sad Del.

I have to admit that it was a hard visit for me. And even though I know she'll be reading this in India with her wonderful family, I still know that I will miss her greatly. (Why aren't you on skype right now?!)

***

We were so happy for the visit though (Jake told me on the trip home while he was passed out in the back seat). Had a great time just talking, looking at fun Internet videos, eating too much food, and just being together.

First the food (had a great breakfast too - no pictures though, sorry):



At Bonefish. Eating too much.

Ended up catching a movie, going back to Kucku's, and talking. Trying to figure out how much Anu's bags weighted (a lot!). Or whether Jake could fit in a bag to India (and whether he'd be a good Indian dog - I think he would).

Or who Jake loved more...



And that was the trip.

Good, simple, relaxing, fun, memorable weekend.



Miss you friend.
Call me!

No comments: