Monday, December 8

Makahiki: Work Party

Skipping past my Seattle trip (I'll post more about it later)...

Friday was my work's holiday party (also Diana's/Kevin's birthday) - it was a Makahiki at Sea World. Fantastic. Darin and I went early to check out the dolphins (so cute) and walk around. We should have gone to the Hospitality Suite for free beer, but decided against it. Too much beer at a work party was not a good idea.



Aww.



Hello, I am a happy dolphin

We did see the new roller costar they're building. Yikes. It went around the park over walkways and such. Hope nobody every falls out.



It's huge!

Met up with the rest of the people I work with and their families. We all sat down and got to watch a Hawaiian Hula/Christmas Show. It was very very good, and I definitely recommend it.





Yes! Fire = Cool

During the show we ate a Hawaiian Feast - Polynesian ribs, chicken, mahi mahi, etc. I mention this because I was sitting at a table of people who didn't eat red meat. And Darin can't eat too much pork/ribs (too fatty). So I had ALL of the ribs basically to myself.



My. Ribs.

A dream, dare I say.

My most FAVORITE part was when the performers sang one of my top Christmas songs - one I learned from Jimmy Buffett.

Here goes:

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say on a bright, Hawaiian Christmas Day
That's the island greeting that we send to you from the land where palm trees sway
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright
The sun will shine by day and all the stars at night
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way to say Merry Christmas to you

Oh happy day.



Darin and I in front of the tiki guy. Hula hula hula.




Gabby and I



The Group I work with

So Mele Kalikimaka to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I downloaded that song this weekend since we are going to Hawaii for Christmas I thought we needed it as a theme song for the trip :) I got the version from National Lampoon's Christmas not the Jimmy Buffet one though. Looks like a fun work outing! - Melissa