Friday, May 29

Low Country Visit

Finally get to talk about our trip up to the Low Country - South Carolina that is. We drove up after graduation day. Not a bad drive, if I do say so myself...

My second family lives there - for almost ten years now?! How crazy?! I've been driving to visit since I started at Clemson in 2002 - can you believe it has been that long. Phew!

Anyways, we had to visit (normally go every 3-4 months anyway) because Jake's cousins were visiting their grandparents. KC has to study for her boards this summer and the pups took a trip down south. It's nice than in Canada anyway and they're beach dogs at heart.

Saturday day, Darin, Bill, and Bob played golf (of course) and Margie and I wondered about.

I love to wonder.

We went to the Hammock Shops, and I thankfully didn't get too much stuff.

That night, Bill and Kay, and Joanie came over for some dinner. Margie made modified chicken bob.

Funny story:
So one of Margie's specialties in the kitchen was chicken bog. She had it perfected - very much a South Carolina treat. We all loved it. Well on one of Darin's first visits up, Margie made it for him. And he loved it too. I mean, it has rice and sausage, chicken and tomatoes, spices, this and that. Good stuff! So on another previous time up, Darin asked if we could have 'chicken bob'. Hahaha. He didn't know it was b-o-g, but thought it was named after b-o-b. Thus, it now was called chicken bob. By me at least.

So the new dish was modified to remove some starch for Margie.

So modified chicken bob.



Everyone helping out.
(Joanie, Margie, and Bob's arm)



Shrimp!
(Bob, Kay, and Margie's head)
Shrimp goes in too. Lot's of good stuff!

Well, we ate. And the dogs watched. Good times.



Lilly.
(a.k.a Lilliput)



Macy.
(Macy-poo)



Ewww. Boiled peanuts. Gross. Gag.

And one more story for the road.

Well, there were three dogs. Macy behaves at all times, Lilly has her moments and might run off, and Jake will run for the hills at the first opportunity. We have a holder you twist into the ground, right? And a 50 foot leash we use also. Well, Lilly has a holder in the ground too, so we were using hers and just not letting Jake and Lilly out at the same time.

But, the dogs were giving me the look. And they didn't want to not go outside together. So I was like, I can do this. Let Macy go outside, tied Jake up to the thing in the ground, and put Lilly on the 50 foot leash tied to the porch banister.

Oops.



Steps with no banister.

I guess I shouldn't have been playing ball with Lilly. I wasn't throwing it far at all. Just high in the air. But she got a little excited and took a run for it... bringing the banister along with her. Cringe. Luckily nothing was actually broken. Just pulled apart. Sorry Bob. Too bad we had to leave the next day or we would have help fixed it, promise.

Had a great time as always. I think our next visit is in August! Woo hoo!

No comments: