Saturday, October 24

"Can you sing at the same time in more than one key"

On Wednesday night, I dragged my friend Janice to see one of my all time favorite musicals, Cats. I love Cats. Not cats, but Cats.



It all started when I was in middle school. My parents took my sister and I to London (spoiled, I know) during Christmas break, and one of the special things we did was go see Cats. In London. Come on people.

It was terrific.

I got the CDs for it over fifteen years ago. I know every word. I know the beats, the pauses, and I love it.

Practical cats, dramatical cats
Pragmatical cats, fanatical cats
Oratorical cats, delphioracle cats
Skeptical cats, dispeptical cats
Romantical cats, pedantical cats
Critical cats, parasitical cats
Allegorical cats, metaphorical cats
Statistical cats and mystical cats
Political cats, hypocritical cats
Clerical cats, hysterical cats
Cynical cats, rabbinical cats

And it was here in Orlando, so we went. I got super cheap tickets and got fantastic seats. We were about seven rows back and on the far right side of the stage. (Sorry for the dark pictures.)



The auditorium.



The Stage.

Though we were a little bit close to the speakers, we were right next to where the cats would come walk to interact with the audience.

And though the play was slightly more erotic than I remember it being, I was just so happy/excited/awed/overjoyed in seeing it again all these years ago.

Poor Darin will probably get suckered into going to more musicals because I've realized how much I miss going to them and happily singing along to the music.

2 comments:

melissa said...

i love cats and Cats! and if you love Cats, too, you should own this: http://www.amazon.com/Old-Possums-Book-Practical-Cats/dp/0151686564/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256404622&sr=8-1

even if you don't love cats.

The Writer said...

@ Mel - I have to get the book! Excited. Am currently re-reading Harry Potter and then I'll get the Cats one. And I don't 'like' cats, but don't hate them either. It just depends...

:)