Thursday, October 29

Visiting Gators

One of my best friends, Kucku, moved up to Gainesville like over three months ago. And being the bad friend that I am, I haven't yet visited her.

I swear, every weekend we would try to get together, there would be a Florida football game. And I didn't want to deal with it. The traffic. The kids. Yak.

So we decided to get together when Darin was away at the Neuroscience Conference. In Chicago. Eating pizza and Portillos. Sigh. (In actuality, he doesn't eat this food. It's not good for him and he tends to get sick. Kind of funny because that's all I can think about while he's in Chicago - what food would I be eating?)

I'm all excited to being seeing her new apartment and where she works, etc. when she emails me that this particular weekend was Homecoming.

Super.

But I decided to go anyway. I mean, I don't know when I could have gotten up there for the next two months (you should see my calendar...). The plan was to get there on Saturday during the beginning of the game. And it worked out great.

Jake and I headed up and hit basically zero traffic. Hurray!

And then for some reason I took no pictures of her. Or myself. Or Jake. Oops. But I did get some random ones.



Beautiful fall.

But we had a great time. Went to this fantastic German pub in the main area of Gainesville and watched the game with like four other people. We were the first people in this place. Crazy. But we got to watch the game and drink really great beer.



Oh dear. Beer list.





Beer (Kucku's on top and mine on the bottom. My second that was...)

Right about the end of the game (Florida came back in the last minutes to win), we left the bar to make sure we didn't get stuck in traffic. Phew! It was a ball though and I can't wait to go back to ahh try more beer.

The next morning we (and everyone else) went out for a fabulous breakfast at this place called the 43rd Deli or something like that. Should have taken a picture... But we had a great great home cooked breakfast - she had a Greek omelet and I had a breakfast burrito. So good.

Afterward we drove around campus so I could see her building, her to be new building (they were almost finished with it), and all the sights. Pretty snazzy. Florida was a real college campus. UCF doesn't have the college campus feel. Just my opinion, but whatever. It was beautiful! And of course we drove up sorority row... and guess which two houses were right next to each other?



KD House



Tri Delta house

Hahaha. My mother was a Tridelt and I was a Kappa Delta! I didn't find the Alpha Phi house (my sister), but I did see the Delta Upsilon house right across the street from the stadium (my father's frat). We were Greek yo. And so was Darin - he was a TKE.

And that's the trip. Jake and I had to get back home (boo), so we said goodbye.

AND we'll be back. Scratch that. I'll be back for a girls weekend soon!

No comments: