Thursday, May 6

South Cali - Saturday

Saturday morning.

Searching for coffee again.

But a special day: Mom's birthday!

Casey had suggested a breakfast place in San Diego and after remembering what it was called, and getting a reservation, we were off.

This place was crazy.

C.R.A.Z.Y.

We should have split something. I don't know why we didn't. I guess our eyes were bigger than our stomachs.

Dru got biscuits and eggs:



Mom got a scramble:




And I got the biggest pancake ever:



***

Went back and headed two different places. They wanted to go to the beach (I was feeling to wimpy to deal with the FL/CA temperature change) and I went to the adult pool.

Side Note: Didn't talk about the wonderful hotel. It was a resort - huge in size and had five pools. Yikes.

They came back for some pool time (we changed to the 'kid' pool), and we enjoyed ourselves for a couple more hours.



See the pool in my glasses...



This represents my Mother 100%.





Giant Bird of Paradise

***

Then it was off to La Jolla.



Beach Patrol!





Sunset - later that evening.

I have many fond memories of La Jolla. Eating, surfing, enjoying friends, eating. As did my Mother. She remembered this restaurant - and we had to find it. It was her special birthday wish. What was once a rooftop hamburger joint was now a posh LA type rooftop bar.

So glad we went though. Excellent food. Good beer on tap. Strange pepper drinks (my sister go this). And excellent views.





Notice the glasses. We are definitely sister.s



Seal rock!

We sang her a silent happy birthday and enjoyed our time together.

And then went and found cupcakes to celebrate even further.



Walked around La Jolla for a long time - could have just stayed to watch the people and seals. I can't wait to have Darin be there to experience it.

Went back to the hotel and tried out the hot tubs! And they were hot! Drank some wine, talked to some strangers, and relaxed. Hot hot hot!

And then sleep!

No comments: