Wednesday, August 11

Oops, the Hair!

Forgot!

I got my hairs cut two weeks ago - had been growing it out first for the wedding (over 1.5 years ago now) and then to donate to Locks of Love. And it had to be ten inches long. Yikes.

I'm pretty sure my hair has never been that long. And now I can remember why. I don't like long hair. Revelation. Sigh.

I dragged Anupama along (for her second American haircut) and went to Paul Mitchell Hair School - got it cut for $17. Not too shabby. And they did a great job!





Before!



After! Hurray!

I was itching to do this for some time, but wanted to make sure I had long enough hair to not have to get too much cut off. I was honestly afraid Darin would cry. He didn't though. And likes the cut. I think he sees that it's a more "Del-ish" haircut that previous.

And I cut my hair for this girl I knew, S. She was this annoying kid whom I loved to bug - she got me to dance to stupid music and made me laugh more times than I can remember. She died last year of cancer. She loved my hair when I first met her (over 3 years ago) - hers was buzzed/short because of chemo - BUT it was finally growing out. And she was so happy about it - I guess most 13 year old girls want long hair! I remember thinking how easy it would be for me to grow my hair a little bit longer to donate it. How simple! So I did. And I hope to again (this was my third time) to make someone happy.



The new Del!

No comments: