Monday, August 16

Big Day for Anu

After many hard hours of studying, arguing, getting frustrated, being happy, and writing her dissertation, we got to celebrate with my great friend Anupama her graduation with a PhD.

Headed over to school to get good spots and some photos.

I mean every important event needs pictures to embarrass, right?



School. Sch.ooooo.l
#1 in size. Scary thought.

Some of the photos were somewhat just taken - I was excited okay?



Kucku and Anu - both Doctors!



By the Knight.
Decided her parents would really enjoy this one.



Hurray!

Anu's other good friend Dominique also came - and brought gifts.

Awesome!





Best. Picture. Ever.

Went inside to wait (and get out of the heat) to realize we had assigned seats. Super cool. I ended up reading my book for some time until the others came. Yes I brought a book to graduation. I'm that person.





After being hooded!

Basically if you don't know, PhDs walk up to graduate with their adviser who actually gets to hood the graduate. It's very special moment because it's the defining moment of the Doctorate in Philosophy.

Was so happy to be able to celebrate this day with Anupama. It reminds me of all of my friends that have been though this experience (aka torture) and how I am happy to have gotten out faster than them.

Amen.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't get out faster than us, you were smart enough not to get in, in the first place!!!