Friday, January 28

Books

So the goal is to read more.

Why? Because I want to. Can't think of any other reason.

Been thinking about reading more 'Classic' books. Either I (1) didn't read them in high school/college or (2) I've forgotten that I've read them. Not quite sure which is correct.

I've been looking for a good list to go by. I need to make sure there are some normal books on the list else I'll go crazy.

I've found a good list from Time here, but it's in alphabetical order (yikes). Is it bad if I haven't even heard of a lot in the "A" group? Oh dear, just counted and I've read eight - which is a impressive number because they don't have normal books on that list.

Re-searching.

Found this - much better. I've read ten total on the 'Readers List'. Sigh.

Keep re-searching.

Now there is this. Much much more promising. 22 read.

This is the list I will use. Cheating, a little. But at least I won't go crazy with the list. But I have to mention that I don't think the Twilight series are really Top 100 quality - but I've read (and enjoyed) them all. And they do have newer books on the list.

Here's to reading more!

No comments: