Tuesday, January 25

Yikes, Thanksgiving

Well way back when, like over three months ago (yikes), Darin and I drove up to South Carolina to spend post-Thanksgiving with my parents, sister, the Ws, and KC.

Hurray!

It's always fun to see how many people you can cram into one large house without wanting to hunt each other down and tackle them. We were fine though. (Movies help a lot, as does more than one car...) And goes going out to eat.

Here's one of my favorite bbq places ever. Margie, Bob, and I have been meeting there for almost eight years now. (Isn't that crazy?!)



KC and Bobert



Dru and Mom



Dad by his sign.

The pulled pork there was wonderful as always. As were the sweet potatoes. I absolutely love sweet potatoes. And there was banana pudding. My father absolutely loves banana pudding. (Now I want banana pudding, but alas I have banana bread so that's probably good enough.)

***

We had a great time all together. Ended up seeing this movie. Fantastic. I was really proud of us all for waiting to go see it together! <3 style="font-style: italic;">heart people)

Thanksgiving dinner was re-done on Saturday. Darin really liked my Mother's stuffing - and I made the gravy with her help (my first time). We all got our special fixin' and it was great as always.

***

We got to also go to another crowd favorite - Creek R@ts. We ordered our favorite fried pickles (Margie and mine at least) and then Dru ordered fried okra because she's weird.



Hurray!

It was a great time up there. And a fun tradition we started. Isn't it amazing that we can come from all over the country to be with family? So simple really: I guess that's what family is all about.

No comments: