Friday, July 3

Last Year - July 2008

The Fourth of July has been my favorite holiday for awhile now. I think mainly because of the fun traditions my family has made and the wonderful memories we have shared together and with friends.

I remember the year in high school where we were almost flooded out of Chicago afraid that lightning was going to strike the post near us. Or the year of hiding under trees.

Every year, we would get as many people as we could to drive to Chicago and set up camp. We'd eat and eat and eat. And it was marvelous.

Now my folks are in Seattle celebrating with newly acquired neighbors, Dru's in Seattle with her friends, Margie and Bob are in Pawleys, KC's in Canada, Julie and Justin are in Chicago (probably not at the Taste), Melissa and Kyle in San Diego with their family, and Darin and I with our (my new) family.

We are all celebrating separately.

And that's perfectly fine. We will make some new traditions. Have our own good times.

But I will always remember last year and the fantastic day we had. It will probably be one of the last Taste of Chicago's we go to (but not the last if I can help it.)

Also, I'll remember the trip we made down to St. Louis to meet some relatives and show Darin the city.

Though I'd share some fun pictures from last year:



Sears Tower, obviously



Enjoying my favorite food: chocolate covered banana
Del, Justin, Julie, and Sarah



The group! Notice we were cold.

In St. Louis:



At Amighettis.
Mom, Maggie, Uncle Jinx, Dad, and Darin



With Grandma at our Engagement Party #1
(She died a couple of months ago)



At the Anheiser Busch Plant.



At Aunt Betty's 80th Birthday Celebration
(She died this past Christmas)



Enjoying some Ted Drewes:
Carrie, Mom, Darin, Dad, Uncle Jinx, Meghan, Molly, Maggie, Max, Amos, and me



With Uncle Paul
(He died at Thanksgiving time)

Hope to make just as many memories this year as the previous.

And it all makes me wonder, where will we be next year?

No comments: