Monday, July 27

Seattle Summer 2009: Day 5

Because of the positive thinker Dru, we headed to Lake Chelan to rent a boat and go boating. I was a bit cold (it was 75 there) and was thinking they were crazy to want to go a boat with the temperature so cold - and the water, a glacier lake, freezing. (Not literally).

I'm very glad we did because we all had a fantastic time.

Yea for Dru and Matt!



Cricket, our water dog



Me with my sweater. And jeans. And Cricket.

We tried to go around to a special area of the Lake, but the water was so choppy! We couldn't maneuver around the waves without getting everyone sea sick.



Yikes!

Decided to go back to where Dru and Matt had already gone before when camping. It was nice and had a picnic table.





Happy Cricket. She was getting food.



Mom and Dru on the beach. Not yet quite in the water.



Crick getting some water.



Dad getting some water.
Kidding.
He was getting Mom a log.

Why is it that wherever we go, my Mom collects things? In Missouri, it's the rocks. By the ocean, sea shells. Here it's water logs. Strange.



Group Photo:
Del, Matt, Mom, Dru, Dad, and Cricket.

From there, we drove around the lake a lot enjoying the beautiful houses and looking at the wineries. Matt liked to drive f.a.s.t. Somehow along the way my mom lost a flip flop. It was quite sad.

Then we decided (not me, them) to try swimming. Ha. Anchored the boat to a buoy and jumped in. Matt was the bravest. I was the most chicken.

Cricket even got in the water.

What can I say. I live in Florida. It's hot there. With hot water.



Dru and Mom in said water.



The swimming hole!

I took a lot of pictures on Dru's phone so I don't have many of my own. Oh well. Cricket about lost it when my Dad dove in and so I gently pushed her in. I'm mean. Deal with it.

I stayed on the boat to protect it from pirates. They were bad in these areas.

They only got to swim for a bit and then we had to return the boat. Boo.

And then the boat day was over. Sad. If Darin were there he would have picked me up and thrown me into the water. Thankfully nobody in my immediate family was that cruel and I survived. Warm. And dry.

Can wait to visit again!

No comments: