Thursday, July 30

Somebody's Birthday... and it's not Del

My friend Anupama's birthday was on last Sunday (the 26th) and to celebrate our good friend Kucku (and her former roommate) drove down from Gainsville for a birthday weekend. How's that for cool?

Friday we decided to meet at Downtown Disney to walk around and enjoy the sights. None of us had been there for quite some time, so it ended up being really fun. I find that we sometimes don't get to do the Orlando stuff because we've done it in the past and we're afraid of all the tourists. OR. Because we only really get down there when friends and family would come into town.

Anyway, ended up having a great time. The weather was really nice and the atmosphere was mellow. Anu got to pick where she wanted to go (she normally would make me do this, which I do with no problem whatsoever): Bongos.

I had previously been to this restaurant maybe two other times. (Isn't that stupid that I can't remember?) I do have pictures of my mom, Margie, Darin, and I there on one of their first Orlando visits... Anyways. The place was hit or miss. I tend to always get the same thing (chicken with yellow rice), so I'm always happy. Other people not so much.

Well thankfully the next time I go there I'll have some recommendations.

Good. Food. All. Around.

(And yes, I took pictures.)



Fried shredded beef. To die for.



Kucku got like the chicken special. So tasty. And juicy.



Anu go the fried rice.
(This picture was taken after she killed the cute plate setup.)

And I have to mention what good friends both Kucku and I were because we did not have the birthday crew people come to our table to sing and we did have Anupama order a mojito. Slam.



After dinner. We were stuffed!

After dinner we just walked around. Looked at people. Stopped by the Lego store (which was awesome as always, but packed). I looked for another Harry Potter key chain like the one I had in college maybe? or graduate school?, but there were only Star Wars key chains. It was a bit disappointing.



Outside. By a dinosaur.



Grr. Another dinosaur. But made of Legos!

We walked through a Disney store and were bombarded with tourists everywhere - had a hard time getting out of that place. Crazy. We found this princess pen we wanted Anu to get to use at work, but she wouldn't because it was too embarrassing. Sigh.

Then it was off to Ghirardelli. One of the main reasons for coming this far away to eat was to have dessert at this ice cream store. Plus, you get a free piece of chocolate for walking into their chocolate store. Good idea chocolate people.

And we got a carmel sundae. Anu and I did. Kucku doesn't like sweets. She's strange like that.



Dinosaur Del with sundae.

And it was fun. And good. And we celebrated in a nice way with Anupama with her turning a year older. And for all the exciting changes that will come her way this year.

Next time Jake will come too.

No comments: