Wednesday, November 4

A Beach Rehersal

Hopefully you gathered from my previous post that we were not going to be home on Halloween.

Instead we drove about 8 hours (with a time change) to Destin, FL to celebrate the marriage of my cousin Gina and her *new husband, Matthew! We were very excited to be able to attend because we could drive to it - nothing like driving compared to flying. Also, we were happy to be able to see my other cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and good family friends there as well.

And did I mention my parents? They flew down from Seattle to enjoy beautiful Gina and beautiful Florida! They were hoping to come down (migrate, if you will) for a while this winter because the Pacific Northwest's winters were some what undesirable. So why not hit two birds with one stone.

Or flamingos.

We got in Friday afternoon to a beautiful day and a happy Mother. (She will always be a sun-bird beach person. Can't figure out why they moved so far away...).

After seeing the rest of the family, we all went our separate ways to go to the Rehearsal dinner which was being held at Henderson Beach. It was quite beautiful, but very windy.



Water. Ocean. Gulf.



Mom, Dad, and I walking the beach at night.



Del and Darin

After everyone got there, we watched the caterer place the food out and all dived in. So good. Love bbq - and it was good bbq at that!





Those were cheese biscuits people. Cheese biscuits.
I had four. At least.

Then we carved pumpkins. Or at lease Darin and my Dad did. My mom and I were supporting everyone else and drinking beer. What can I say? I did help people get the guts out of the pumpkin though. I'm good at that.



Cousin Jill dumping away. She made a boat design!



Aunt Carol, Arlene, and Aunt Helen.



Dad (with a fake smile) and Darin.



Dad's pirate pumpkin. He was very proud.



Darin's pucker. Yak.

It was a very festive evening, though it got kind of chilly by the end of the night. The ocean breezes wrecked havoc with our hair. Won't say I'll forget this Halloween Eve.


No comments: