Monday, November 30

Giving Thanks

I was very thankful this year, as I guess most people were.

It's been a big year for us. We got married. We had family and friends fly down to Florida to celebrate with us. We got to share our special day with all of those people. From Washington, California, South Carolina, Orlando, to England. They all came to see us and for that we were thankful.

We have done fun exciting things this year - how great was it to be able to have weekends busy with friends and football games. With trips around the country, and a boat ride to the Bahamas.

We get to see our families all of the time. The Orlando ones, the Washington ones, and the South Carolina ones. I know most people don't travel 3000 miles to see their parents, but I saw mine five times this year already (that's once every two months people).

We were blessed in finding our church community. They will always be another reason to return/visit here. It's a joy to see people excited to see you!

And we were grateful.

So we joined with family and friends to eat turkey. And then eat some more.



The no-named 14 lb-er



She's a sneaky one - Lady



And so was he. Don't let the smile fool you.

We got together with my In-laws, Diana and Goestov, and some family friends to chow down. Here was the spread:



And we ate a lot. Not too much, but a lot. (And I'm speaking for myself here. I think Darin couldn't move after dinner. But he can't eat as much as I can.)



Post meal.

After dinner/lunch (2 pm), we watched the movie Up. It's moved into one of my most favorite movies - I just love everything about it. We about die when Carl and Russell meet Dug for the first time.

And then my friend Suzanne joined us for dessert (after the movie) though she didn't eat anything because she herself was stuffed from eating too much earlier...



And we watched football and Mythbusters like every good American should do. And then we went home and slept.

It was great. And we gave thanks.

No comments: