Saturday, November 29

Thanksgiving Thanks

I'm in Anacortes, Washington visiting my parents and sister for the holidays - Darin is back in Orlando with Jake enjoying some peace and quite, his family-time, and getting to sleep in late. I flew in on Thursday (Thanksgiving day) on a pretty uneventful flight and got to Seattle around 2 pm. It's nice to lose those hours in the air - too bad it takes me 80+ hours to get back...

My sister picked me up from the airport and we headed up to my parents' new place. They just moved up here (in September) and it's my first visit.

Yea!

Dru's friends, Matt and Glenda, also came up to enjoy dinner with us. It's always wonderful to have extra people to (1) eat the huge amounts of food my mom cooks and (2) to talk to!

Tina the Turkey
(We always name the turkey with a 'T' name. It's a tradition...)


It's ready!
(They brined the turkey - so good!)


Mom making the gravy - one of her specialities.


How fun! A little table for us to eat at... we all fit quite well.


Cricket being the happy dog that she is.


The spread.

For Thanksgiving this year, my mom let my sister and me choose two dishes. Dru choose spinach (yak) and butter beans (double yak). I chose cauliflower and sweet potatoes. Much better ideas. On top of that we had mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (my Dad's choice), stuffing, and turkey.

Here is my plate.


Here is Dru's plate. (She's not as picky as I am).

Dru, Mom, Glenda, Matt, and Dad.
Post dinner.
(We are very full.)


Dessert!

Uncle Jinx's pecan pie and Whole Foods cheesecake.
(I swear we waited for a good 30 minutes before we ate dessert.)


Matt. Full.

Matt, I think, ate a lot. Dru and Glenda were competing with each other on who could eat the most - and though I think Dru might have done a good job, Glenda won with a steady fork and some patience.

We were all very thankful for the excellent dinner, good friends, and pecan pie.

Thanksgiving has gone and past, and it is almost December!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute! how's cricket?