Monday, November 24

Time to Celebrate, Part 1

Wanted to first congratulate Kerry, our roommate and very good friend, for finishing his dissertation and obtaining his PhD in Chemistry!

We have smart people that live in our house... and a smart dog too.

Congrats to you Kerry!

On Friday night, we went out for the initial celebration - to Woody's Barbecue. There was just something about a Friday night eating baby back ribs for dinner.



Dinner - there were ribs under that bread...

Let me share a story with you at this point - earlier that day, I went with my friend Janice to see the wonderful, every popular movie "Twilight" (which was great by the way - go see it, especially if you have read the books...). I kind of had to leave Kerry's defense a little bit early, but he understood because he's a Harry Potter fan... So at the restaurant, I 'pretended' to bite Frank.



But he didn't do the right face... He almost looked happy. Hmm.

Here was the rest of the group. We all had a great time. Good food.



Frank and Nicholi; Paul, Kerry, and Darin



Me (cleaning my hands)

We were all quite full because Frank and Nicholi (his friend visiting from Germany) got one of those 'sharing' platters - but for four. They were really trying to ahh beef up. Ha ha. We all helped them finished their meal. It was a good night with good bbq.

More celebrating to come!

1 comment:

Frank said...

Yeah, we had a great time at Woody's!

I didn't know you would (pretend) to bite me. Actually, I was confused and thought: "Oh, maybe Del wants to cuddle for the picture - ok, hmmm...". That might explain my expression ;-D

The platter Nicolai and I had, was for two (2), not for four (4)! I am insane when it comes to food, but not that insane ;o) Woody's just is very generous with these platters. Thanks for your help finishing it!