Monday, February 9

Bridal Shower, Take One

On January 24th, a wonderful event took place: my Bridal Shower. And it was wonderful in every way. People came from all over the country and North America, from all around Orlando, and got together to be with me. And of course to give me presents.

I am so thankful to each and every one of them. It was truly amazing.

My sister decided to hold it at the Gaylord Palms Resort and off we went. If you ever have been to this place or have seen it, you would know that it was huge. H.U.G.E. We got a little lost wondering around the wilderness area - but finally found the Pineapple Room. It was a nice room all to ourselves (we could be as loud as we wanted) and right next to the buffet area. Perfect. We were in the Villa de Flora area. The food was Spanish inspired (but with olives galore, for Jill...) and so good. And the dessert. Oh the dessert. Here was a picture:



Only half of the dessert. Plus there was an ice cream bar.

Enough about the food.

Dru, Melissa, KC, and LaShan got there early to set up while I arrived with the 'older' ladies. Here was what they did - it was beautiful!



The tables (with flowers!)



Presents galore.

We waited (patiently) for everyone to show up and then chowed down!



Clockwise: Dru, KC, Kucku, Janice, Del
(and Melis taking picture)



Becky, LaShan, and Raji also chowing down.

After a fun little Del quiz (which Melissa won by the way) and me having to tell everyone Jake's full name (Jacob Tiger, people), we got to the good part... presents.



First one!
(Watch as my dress slowing creeps up my legs. Sigh.)



KC, the present bringer and taker



Watchers to the Left:
KC, Mom, Margie, Becky, and LaShan



Watchers in Front:
Daryl, Maggie, Courtney, and Jill



Del with great bowl. Loved it!



Mom and Del. Love you.

And this was what they made me do. It was LaShan's idea, and I blame her 100%. We did the traditional rehearsal bouquet out of ribbons (I only tore one, so that means one child...), and then they made me put it on my head. But I looked cute, so why not?





I can't even being to say how surprised I was by how generous people were. I must have some pretty terrific friends. Thanks SO much. Loved everything!

P.S. And no pictures of the cute little naughties I was given. I'll try to add some later...

No comments: