Saturday, December 26

A Visit Up North for a Special Birthday

On the weekend of December 12th, Jake and I traveled up to South Carolina to visit with everyone - KC (and Lilly and Macy too) had driven down from Canada for the holidays (and a much needed break and writing spell) and we just had to visit! Plus, it was Margie's birthday and the holiday parties!

I have been going to their house since I went to Clemson (2004) to help fix things up, make drinks, and talk to a whole bunch of people during the holiday parties. They have a neighborhood party on Saturday and then a church party on Sunday.

But first we had to celebrate Margie's birthday! She got a whole bunch of cool stuff - we got her a beautiful pin from here and Bob got her a Kindel! Also wanted to mention that it was my Grandpa's birthday too (though he passed away awhile ago, I'll always remember). He was born on 12/12/11. Isn't that cool? And I think it's very cool to think that 12/12/11 will be coming up again in a couple of years... amazing, really.

Anyway...



Opening up her pin, with dogs watching.



What were they doing?



Jake getting some love from Bob.
He was bonding because there were only two males in the house.



KC and her Liliput.



Back off from my Bob, little dog.

In the afternoon on Saturday, we prepared for the parties. Lots and lots of food. I mean lots. And most of it was some type of cheese. And veggies too, I guess. And ham. And cocktail weenies. And meatballs. Num.





Food!



The neighbors. And the food!

We decided there were over sixty people at the first party, and just about twenty at the second. Isn't that amazing?! It was a great way to spend the weekend I must say.

Looking forward to next year already!

No comments: