Monday, January 18

Looking Back.... 2009

Did this last year:

In my 2009...

What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Got married. Went on a cruise. Made pottery.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember having New Years Resolutions this past year. I try not to make them.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, Carrie and Mike welcomed Baby S. in November, and Melissa and Kyle welcomed Baby K. in December

Did anyone close to you die? My Grandma died this year at 95! She lead an incredible life and will be an inspiration to me for years to come. Also lost our very great friend Paul in January of 2010. He will be missed daily and never forgotten.

What countries did you spend time in this year? USA. Bahamas.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A new Camero. Not that I'm getting one, I'm just saying I am lacking one right now.

What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 14 - our Wedding Date!

What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Changing my life and being excited about the change.

What was your biggest failure? Too much complaining about stupid stuff. Must stop this now.

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? Found out I have IBS. But it's stressed induced so I just needed to relax more and all went away.

What was the best thing you bought? iPod Nano (birthday present from Darin)

Whose behavior merited celebration? Friends and Family. (Same as last year.)

Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? Don't know.

Where did most of your money go? Dinner. Again. Oh, and I guess the wedding though we have very generous family and friends.

Compared to this time last year, are you,

a) happier or sadder? Happier

b) thinner or fatter? Thinner

c) richer or poorer? Richer

What did you get really, really excited about? Darin finishing his PhD.

What do you wish you'd done more of? Swimming at the beach.

Did you fall in love in 2009? Yes.

How many one-night stands? None.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.

What was the best book you read? The Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein

What did you want and not get? I can't think of anything I want that I don't have already - how great is that!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 29, and I made my incredible friends go and paint pottery with me.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Just knowing that things would be moving forward a little more quickly.

What political issue stirred you the most? None. Sorry.

Who did you miss? All those who have touched my life and we have lost.

Who was the best new person you met? My co-worker/friend Ayesha. I knew her before, but never got a good change to really get to talk to her. And she's great!

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2009: Life moves fast. And that is just fine.

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?) "Marriage is what brings us together today" Princess Bride

No comments: