Saturday, January 16

Snoqualmie Snowboarding

On Tuesday the 27th, we decided to go snowboarding. Okay "we" didn't decide really, it was one of the conditions for Darin to visit my parents. (I am semi-joking here. He really loves to snowboard.)

Last year we tried at Mt. Baker, this year we tried The Summit at Snoqualmie.

Darin was in heaven.

Thankfully the slopes were about forty-five minutes East of Seattle. And right off the highway. Sweet and simple.



The area.



Ben, Ryan, and Dru!



Dru. She's a Level 2.



My board. In the snow. I'm a Level #1.

Dru and I took lessons, again. Somehow she got into the Level #2 lesson and I was stuck with the beginners. Thank you blog. I am just so nervous about the whole running into children thing. I wish they would just let adults go. Kind of. But I had a great teacher, and though I didn't try a lift (I'm a wimp, okay?), I did walk up like half the hill and come down! Go Del. Darin, Ryan, and Ben went over to the other side of the mountain to another resort-type area. I guess there were three Snoqualmie spots to go to.

Next time.



Dru and Del. Can you see her gloves?



We actually look happy!



And they did night skiing. Right here it was like 4:30 pm.



Darin and Ben - in the bar afterward.

We ended up snowboarding for like four hours maybe and then it started getting dark - though there was night skiing. Darin was a happy camper, but the rest of us were kind of ahh tired, so we quit and went back to my folks!

Until next year? Yikes.

No comments: