Wednesday, March 31

Savannah: Day 2 - Evening

Back to Savannah.

After a great morning and afternoon walking around on a beautiful day, we went back to the hotel.

I took a nap. The others enjoyed the pool and hot tub!

That evening we went out to eat - at this fun restaurant called Fiddler's Crab House.

And actually did not go down to the river front, but stayed by our hotel even though there was one near the river.

I thought it was pretty awesome - they had a waterfall coming off their roof. We all kept freaking out because we'd think it would be raining and then we'd realize that it was the waterfall.

Hey, there was alcohol involved.



Party of Nine

It was a fish place. The boys had to get some oysters.



Joel and Darin (with gross oysters)



Suz and Meghan trying them for their first time.

Thankfully I didn't have to do it because I had already tried one a couple of weeks ago with our friend Russell (Maggie's Dad) in Orlando. Phew. I have to admit though that that weren't that bad - all I could really taste was cocktail sauce.



The Group:
Darin, Del, Meghan, Joel, Josh, Janice, Suzanne, Christina, and John
How'd we get to know these great people?

Afterward, we went back to the hotel, took another cab downtown (same lady actually), and went to Kevin Barry's Irish Pub.

I had me a black and blue. Guinness on top - blue moon on bottom. Tasty.



And yes, I was (and am) a Guinness drinker. One person was impressed saying I was the only girl he'd ever seen drink one. I think they're great actually. Particularly with blue moon in them.

We listened to this great Irish singer - a man in in late fifties (I'd guess) was wonderful. He even sang "Take Me Home, Country Roads" sang by John Denver. Suzanne requested it because she was born there (so was Meghan) and the whole bar sang with him. Pretty fantastic.

"Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama

Take me home, country roads.
"

To be a country girl - I guess living in the south for 12 years now kind of transformed me. I guess that's what happens when you fall in love with the land and sunshine and water.

Loved Savannah. Not as much as Charleston, but it was right up there.

No comments: