Tuesday, March 2

Re-Visit: Gainesville Part I

Well we went up to Gainesville again to see Kucku.

But for special reasons this time (not that last time wasn't special):

(1) to celebrate her 30th birthday!

(2) to have a girls' weekend (because it was sorely needed)

(3) to get away from the boys (kidding, really!)

Anupama, Suzanne, and I traveled up North to the land of the trees and non-Florida plants (it totally seemed like a completely different state, I swear) a couple Saturdays ago.

We got there and headed off for lunch at this restaurant across the stadium called The Swamp. Those guys up in Gainesville were creative with names.

While waiting for a table, we sat down in the grass to relax - and 'cause it was a beautiful day - and a cut dog came by and sat down right between Suzanne and I. So funny! His name was Rafe, and Suzanne instantly fell in love - he was half Border Collie, half Boxer.

Cute cute.

After a good lunch (and cold beer), we went to this state park: Devil's Millhopper.

Now don't ask me anything about it because I don't really know. And I've added a link for your educational benefit. All I know was that it was a sink hole.



Suzanne, Del, and Kucku.





Steps leading down.



Suzanne thinking about Rafe.



Walking along the perimeter: Anupama and Suzanne



Action shot!

After walking up one thousand steps (not really, but it sure felt like it), we walked around the sink hole too. It was very pretty. Definitely a must see - but nothing you have to drive 100 miles to see.

We were pretty tired after that (or at least I was), so we went back to Kucku's for a nice relaxing game of Scrabble that Anu killed us all.

But I did get the word testes.

Then we got ready to go out for dinner - it was much later in the afternoon. I don't want you to think that we ate lunch and like an hour later we had dinner. As much as I like to eat, I can't eat that close together. Sigh. Okay, I can. But I'm not sure the others could.

We headed out to Harry's.

A New Orleans restaurant.

Which meant, there were:



Hurricanes!



And fish in drinks!



Kucku and Del



Anu and Suz



Shrimp creole. Great.



Kucku's sampler.

And we got chocolate bread pudding. Which we all tried to eat. And the sauce was so good - it was like a white chocolate sauce. So good.

And we were stuffed full.



Ended up walking around and people watching. It was spectacular. The girls and what the were wearing. Wow. I gotta get me some high heals to fit in with the hip crowd.

And the lines to get into places. Crazy.

But we went home and went to sleep.

No comments: