Thursday, March 18

St. Patty's Day - Green Beer Negative

By now, everybody knows I volunteer every week. I used to be a Thursday person, but have recently switched to Wednesday because someone else couldn't do that day.

I was actually pretty excited to go in on St. Patrick's Day because the meal providers (it's called Share-A-Meal) are very good about bringing holiday appropriate dinners - so I was expecting corned beef and cabbage (of which I would have maybe eaten the corned beef and hopefully some potatoes if they would have brought them too) and at least some cute green shamrock cupcakes.

For example:



But the people who were supposed to come didn't (bad people), and we had leftovers (which is normally fine actually), but were afraid there wouldn't be enough for everyone in the house...

So we went to McDonalds. It's Irish, right?

And I got a Shamrock Shake. And a Big Mac. Bad Del.

But it was good. Much better than the corned beef and potatoes I would have had. Though the cupcake would have made up for it. SO maybe a close draw.

And it was a great night, as usual.

And Suzanne and I found some fun knitted things (we have a knitting club donate things all the time) which we enjoyed making fun of.

You can sometimes be a little evil - it's okay.




So no green beer, but a green shake! That makes for a great St. Patty's day in my eyes.

No comments: