Wednesday, October 29

Broccoli Surprise

Just a funny thing:

Last night I made some cupcakes because it's by boss' birthday today. I love to make cupcakes or anything that's sweet and bring them to work because my colleagues will eat them and I won't eat them all!

First I fixed myself some dinner (Darin was at his folks) and while it was cooking, I made the batter and got the cupcake cups filled.

For dinner I had chicken kiev (bad Dru for talking about this the other day) and broccoli. When I put everything on my plate to eat dinner, Kerry came into the kitchen and gave me a suggestion:

Why not put a piece of broccoli in the cupcake and try to get Darin to eat it later?

What a fantastic idea?!

So a piece of broccoli was added to a cupcake (after double checking we were sure which one it was in) and the cupcakes were cooked.

I ate dinner, iced up the cupcakes, and then put the special cupcake aside to wait for Darin to come home.

When Darin got home I told him I had made cupcakes and there was one there for him. He went about his normal stuff (playing with Jake, putting stuff away) - and Kerry and I were waiting for him to get the damn cupcake. Eat it already.

After what seemed like forever, I finally was like, "you need to eat your cupcake now". I guess I said it loudly and forcefully. I'm not a patient person.

So he started eating it.

I was in the other room peering around the corner, and Kerry was sitting across the couch from him. (Jake was right next to him on the floor trying to get a piece of the cupcake he was not allowed to eat.)

Darin was like, "This is weird tasting. What's different?"

I said it was a different frosting - cream cheese whipped compared to the normal just white icing whipped.

And then he got to the piece of broccoli.

Hee hee.

This was very funny because Kerry and I were just staring at him. Darin was very confused about what was happening and we just started laughing.

Hee hee.

Then he pulled out the broccoli from the cupcake. And looked at it.

Kerry and I laughed some more and told him we put the broccoli in the cupcake and how we're awful awful people, blah blah blah....

Then Darin was like, I told you it tasted funny...

And proceeded to eat the piece of broccoli.

Ick.

I guess I have ruined him forever when it comes to cupcakes.

It was definitely worth it though.

1 comment:

KaritaG said...

this reminds me of the time ted made some special brownies in college and gave one to angela and halfway through she says, does this brownie have leaves in it?! WTF?!

LOL, we are such pranksters...