Monday, October 6

Maitland Greekfest

History:
When I lived in Tulsa, I would go to the Greek Festival there with my sorority sister Jessica and her family. I think we went three years in a row - we ate, danced, watching the hot guys dance on tables, and had a terrific time. It's one of my favorite memories from living in Tulsa.

Back to the present:
I was driving home the other day, I saw a sign for a Greek Fest in Maitland for last weekend.

Side note: I swear we eat other non-Greek food. Really.

Darin and I decided to go on Sunday, after church. That was why we're dresses up.

I had planned and knew where to go. Darin tried to get me to go another way, but I didn't listen. And I was right. Ha.

Got there before noon, and I was hungry... but we were waiting for our friends Brad and Karen to come before we could eat real food.

Got cookies though.



Cookies!
(Said in a cookie monster-ish way)
I got the one in the bottom left. Was proud of myself for trying something new!



Darin with cookie.

Brad and Karen came with their son, J., and we went right to the kids game area. J. had a blast.



J. on the bouncy pulling thing

And the other big 'boys' had a blast too.







One lady was like, isn't this for kids?

Sigh.

They were actually very popular with the older guys because you could just tell the other dads and grown men wanted to try. You could see it in their eyes... It was SO funny to watch them try to beat each other... Darin kept being snapped backwards and bouncing on his back. Hee hee.

We ate some good food and went on our merry ways...



Brad, J., and Karen



Darin and Del

But NOT before we got more dessert!



To be devoured loukoumathes.

No comments: