Monday, October 20

A Wonderful Night

Saturday night, our very good friends Mike and Carrie held our First Orlando (third actual) Engagement Party.

First of all, let me thank them SO much. You both mean a lot to us and are the best of friends. Thank you for caring for us and being there for us. I hope you like your gnome.



The Gnome.

Darin and I had a great time. I can't even begin to describe how exciting it was to have a party for us! Our previous parties were really to introduce Darin to my incredible/large/loud/fun-loving family... this one was for us.

And it was a wonderful night.

Carrie had the best food. She got the sha cha chicken recipe from China in Epcot and had a chocolate fountain. With pretzels. And marshmallows. It was beyond good. And hummus. I forgot all about the hummus. We love hummus.



My baby.

We all ate and drank. Talked.



Darin, Del, and Kucku

Laughed. Told stories.



Goestov, Diana, Keay, Carol, Darin, and Del



Court, Darin, Daryl, and Mike

Ate some more. (The Chicken.)

Meet new people. (Well, Darin and I didn't, but a lot of others did...)

Opened presents. How great was this?!







And almost cried.
* Carrie had everyone send her recipes for a cookbook she put together for us. I knew if I would have read it right there I would have cried... so I waited until I got home that night. It was so very special. Thank you!

Thanks again to everyone who came and those of you who couldn't.

We had a wonderful night.

No comments: