Saturday, September 26

Update on the Pottery Class

I finally got around to taking some pictures at class last Thursday.

I kind of went crazy with the camera before I actually started with my clay, and then forgot to take a picture of the mess afterward. But, I did take some of the pots/urns/bowls that I made on Thursday and the week before!



My area.



The classroom.
There were 8 people starting and now about 4-5 come.



Ready to go, and clean.



The wheel.
I never named it. Should have probably.

I was very proud of the ones I did. I think I'm finally getting it. Two weeks ago was pretty difficult because our clay was too hard to work with - even our teacher, Barbara, told us so. Oops. This weeks was a lot easier.



This week's three! My best yet.

We have three more classes to go. I'll probably do another class next year - haven't really decided yet. I am really enjoying myself!



My first little pot. Isn't it cute?



From two weeks ago. I still need to trim them.
More cups/mugs to make!

And that's it. I'll try to take more pictures of how dirty I get - as well as how dirty my space gets. I can't believe I only have three classes left, but I am very excited to glaze my stuff. We do all of our pots together on the last day. Can't you wait to see what I create?

No comments: