Friday, August 22

Fay Fay Go Away

If you hadn't noticed, Florida has been getting SWAMPED by Fay, the Tropical Storm.




And it's annoying. (Though it's finally moving North.)

First of all, on Tuesday it was supposed to come through Orlando up to Jacksonville towards the Carolinas. So most people I work with (including me) left early as to not drive through the bad storm. And Darin's school was out the WHOLE day. And we got nothin'. Wednesday it finally started to rain (keep in mind it was supposed to be gone by then), and rain it did. Thursday was the bad day though. LOTS of rain. Not normal Florida rain (if you've ever been here during a summer rain storm, you know what I'm talking about), but more like Seattle rain. (That was for Dru.)



The backyard, and no, there isn't a ditch there.

And I got freakishly wet yesterday with an umbrella. (But I had on my boat shoes, which I love, and my feet stayed nice and dry...). It was not fun.

But at least we didn't get 25 inches of rain. OMG! Can you even imagine that?

I took pictures while taking Jake-O for a walk this morning. I'll have to take pre-Fay ones so you can really see how much rain we got.



Our new friend on our walk - a fish!



The left is the canal behind our neighborhood and the right is our front yard.

Enjoy!

No comments: