Tuesday, August 19

Keepin' It Real

Friday night, Darin and I drove to Tampa to see my friends from graduate school, LaShan and Cheryl. I've known them both for a long time - yikes, over five years now. And Darin has met them both as well at a Clemson football game we went to last year. So all was fun fun fun.

LaShan is kind of like my 'sounding block' for ideas/worries/etc. Though I don't talk to her as much as I should (bad Del), back in the day we'd talk for hours about boys and their stupidity as well as work, school, and all that jazz. She really was the first person who knew about Darin and my relationship (we kept it quite for awhile because we worked together when we first started dating), and she talked me through a lot of things and I thank her for that!

Enough of that...

We meet up with them at their hotel and went out to dinner at one of our favorite places here in Orlando, but in the original Tampa - Shells. LaShan wanted fish. And fish she got. Numm numm. There is nothing like good fresh Florida fish (it's something I think makes my mother jealous, having good fish all the time). LaShan got this pasta dish with mussels so we enjoyed playing with the shells.



Cheryl and LaShan; Del and Darin

Then we decided to try to find Ybor City, which is a big entertainment/shopping/tattoo place in Tampa that I had never been to and Darin had been to, but didn't know how to get to. It was funny actually because we tried to use the Garmin to get us there, but we wanted to go a different way initially, and it was getting annoyed at us. If one of those things CAN get annoyed, that is. And Cheryl changed it's voice to an Australian woman's. Quite entertaining.



We did get there alright, and walked around, talked, drank some beer, watched the weird people, looked at the tattoo places, got some shot glasses, watched more weird people, looked at the strange mannequins; you know, all the normal stuff. It was fun. But too short. And we should have stayed out longer and drank some 3 for 1s, but we were tired, and Darin and I had to drive back home.



Del, Cheryl, and LaShan; Del, the Knight, and LaShan

Had a really good time - there is nothing better than spending some time with great friends.

1 comment:

KaritaG said...

For the record, I am super jealous of the seafood situation too. It's the one thing that bugs me about Colorado, especially like, sushi restaurants in places like Steamboat?!