Saturday, August 2

The Water Bed Treated us to Dinner

Friday night, Darin took the family out to dinner - Greek style. The story - our good friend Frank bought Darin's parent's old water bed and with the money we all went out to dinner.

Isn't that the best idea ever?

We decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants that we don't go to often enough. It's called Olympia and is good. Very good.

Don't know when I started liking Greek/Mediterranean food so much, but it's so tasty and there are lots of different things to try. One of my favorite things my mom made when I was little was pastitsio. What I really remember is cinnamon in it, but maybe that's just my weird childhood memory because I don't think it's in there. Hmm.




That's our waitress flaming the saganaki (it's goat cheese and nummy) and my pastitsio. I was very excited to order it finally because I always get tripped up on the gyro. I love me some gyro. And pita. And hummus. But nothing wrapped in leaves or with olives. Ick.

And then there was dessert. Ahh.
(I had saved room by not eating all of my dinner - but it's leftover, hurray!)



That would be Shirley (Diana's MIL) protecting her ice cream dessert, Darin after some chocolate ice cream thing, and my baklava.

I want some right now. It's sad.

Here are some more pics:



Me (with fat arms; I know, I know), Diana, and Goestov; Carol and Keay; and Darin and me

So I think you can tell we had fun. It was good.

We DID miss the belly dancer. Oh well. Next time. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pasticio is usually made with cinnamon...and I'm calling you Evanovich from now on. Love your blog!

Unknown said...

Is this the waterbed that leaked and got Frank all wet :)