Wednesday, August 13

Jake's Spots

The other night Darin and I decided to give Jake a haircut. Now Jake is a mix of wired-hair terrier, jack russell terrier, and monster. Okay, not monster, but some other random dog probably. I used to get his hair professionally cut, but it's expensive and I'm cheap... so we bought a clippers and cut his hair ourselves.

It's so worth it by the way - super easy and fast.

(I got practice cutting Cricket's, my parent's dog, and my dad's hair.)

Anyways, we realized that Jake was looking pretty hairy. And the back part of his fur gets really thick and not soft and gross. And he looked fat - or his fat folds were emphasized. Or skin rolls, whatever.



Though Darin was being a little annoying particular about the blending and cut, Jake did good and is now back to his handsome self. (Though there was a lot of hair. Ick.)



And he's got spots!! How cute is that?



Nothing like a cute well groomed dog.

3 comments:

KaritaG said...

OMG you make me laugh so hard, especially the part about how you have practice for trimming a wire-haired terrier from cutting your DAD'S HAIR?! LMFAO. I see you are reading the twilight books, I am almost finished with New Moon, please tell me that they get better after this...for some reason I just think this one is sort of boring compared to twilight...not enough Edward!

The Writer said...

@ Kara - I love the books and am on the last one now. The second one is good, but the third ties everything together. And the fourth one is just plain weird (only like 150 pages in). We'll have to talk about it after we both finish. And Darin's on the fourth too!

Anonymous said...

did he make the paper mess? is that why he is part monster?