Monday, September 22

Third Times a Charm: Birthday X 3

Well... on Sunday night Darin and I met his folks, Keay and Carol, and sister and BIL, Diana and Goestov for dinner at the new Irish restaurant near where they live. We (Darin and I) had been meaning to go there for the longest time, so were very excited about finally getting there. And having a Guinness. Or me having a Guinness, I guess. Darin wanted to try the shepherds pie...

It was fun, as always. And they had sweet potato fries which were awesome. Next time I'll get the Irish stew, but was so taken away by the idea of sweet potato fries that I just got a burger.

So good.

Afterwords, we walked back to Darin's parents house for dessert. Carol had made banana pudding for me (I love pudding. Never did until Ophelia, the cook at my sorority house in college, would make it. Now I love pudding...), and they had got me presents!

Ahh birthday joy.



Keay, Carol, and Diana



Diana and Gustov
(How cute are they?)

Carol and Keay got me a wonderful orchid (which I hope I won't kill) that was huge, and Diana and Goestov got me a hummingbird feeder and a wasp trapper.

When I opened the presents, I asked Darin if he had hinted to Diana and Carol about things I wanted... they were such perfect gifts. I guess great minds think alike!!

The wasp thing was funny because they were hanging at Paul and Ann's house in South Carolina, and Darin and I couldn't figure out how the wasps got in them. Oh well. (They get in from the bottom and can't get out. We didn't realize there was a hole in them.)



How beautiful?



Darin and I with the hummingbird feeder

We all had a really good time and enjoyed the pudding. It's so nice to be so close to family when celebrating birthdays.

* Margie and Bob - you notice my new shirt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute! glad things are going well for you guys! I just saw the email that this was your blog. Now I have to catch up on all the old posts! hope all is well!