Saturday, September 6

Writing on the Walls

Friday night, Darin and I went out with some friends who I've met through my volunteering. I have met some great people and am so blessed to have them as friends. Josh is the Manager of the Ronald McDonald House by Florida Hospital, and Suzanne is the new Assistant Manager. I have know Josh for probably over 1.5 years and met his new wife, Janice, about a year ago. (They invited their friend Megan to join us all for dinner.) Suzanne is new to the house and she gets to listen to me talk for four hours a week... not really. Hmm. I hope I don't talk that much at least. Anyways, we all went out for FOOD. How is that not great!

Side note - we went to Janice and Josh's wedding in May. It was tons of fun and the food was really good, and it wasn't too hot. And the band was fantastic. Fantastic.



Okay. Did dinner - went to this place called P.R.s (a Mexican joint) that supposedly gives you a free shot of tequila when a train goes by (it's right by train tracks), but a train went by and we did not get a free shot. Josh said they are 'reduced' in price. I think they should be free.



Megan and Janice, a Margarita, Del and Darin

Oh well. It was one of those places that had writing all over the wall. I knew this, but forgot a pen. Oops. Gotta remember to do that next time; probably would have written something obnoxious though.



Then we went downtown to Church Street to go out. Went to Latitudes (just a rooftop bar) and then the Cheyenne Saloon. Very cool place, kind of reminded me of the Wild Horse Saloon in Nashville. There was lots going on in that bar - line dancing to non-country songs, poker (?? how can they do this? We think it was for charity), weird girls in puffy vests with faux fur trim dancing hip hop, deer heads, buffalo heads (poor Ralphie). Weird stuff. And NO bull riding. Come on.



Megan and Suz taking shots (Josh got 'em), Janice and Josh dancing the night away,
Suzanne and I

And we went home early because we're old. And Darin was playing tennis with Jim in the morning. And again, we're old.

Had a good time. It's always fun to get together with new friends and share memories!

No comments: