Wednesday, April 15

April Update

Realized I have like a lot of blogs to write and can't seem to motivate myself to get them done because they involve pictures, Photoshop, and my camera. So decided to just write a quick update on things we've done this past week.

That Friday, I went over to my friend Suzanne's to watch High School Musical. We're dorks, I know. But we have been talking about it and hearing about it for months... years, so we just watched it.

Cute!

Darin was invited, but isn't really a musical type of guy (though he did like The Lion King, but I think that's in a totally different category).

I even finally got to meet her two cats, Cuddles and Camille. Jake wanted to come too, but we didn't want a blood bath. Jake would probably try to attack them and he would probably lose.

***

And then Sunday was Easter! Hope you all had a great one. We ended up cleaning up the house on Saturday and making some of the food for the Easter brunch the next day. Boy, was the house clean!

We had the new in-laws over (for me), Diana and Goestov, and our neighbors, Phil and Helen.

Side note - now, Phil would have to be one of Jake's most favorite people. Whenever Phil goes outside, Jake gets a biscuit. It's true love.

Sunday morning, Darin's parents, Darin, and I went to church to celebrate. It was a beautiful day (lots of flowers everywhere) and the service was great. They had the little kids sing - the six year olds. So cute. And an interpretive dance. Man, we love our church.

Afterward everyone came over and we ate!

The list of food:
Eggs (with cheese)
Bacon
Sausage
Melon Fruit Salad
Normal Fruit Salad (Darin doesn't like cantelope, weird)
Raspberry and Blueberry Muffins (with sauce)
Florida biscuits
Egg Fluff (from here)

We were very happy to have everyone over to celebrate Easter and togetherness.
Hope your past weeks were wonderful!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Thanks for the fabulous brunch! Delicious! I ate wayyy too much - and enjoyed every bite! :)