Tuesday, April 7

The Last Hours... Before the Ceremony (Del)

Saturday was a crazy day all together - I had a semi schedule that I was trying to stick to, but knew that things would probably go awry and things might not actually go by the times I had planned.

Thankfully I didn't stress about it because it was just beyond busy!

We started out going to get our hair done at the Paul Mitchell School because I was on a budget - and they normally cut/color my hair and I have loved what they have done. Also went two weeks before and got a 'preview' done - SO glad I did that. Really made me realize how I wanted my hair... but I digress.



KC - had these cute little pin curls.
We couldn't figure out what they were doing with her hair.



Julie



Dru



Me



The final product - I absolutely loved it!

Because we were late, we quickly drove over to the house where my folks, Dru and KC, and other friends/relatives were staying to get a quick bite to eat and get our makeup done by my good, and long time standing, friend Beth. (We were college roommates my first year!). She's fantastic, and we all looked so beautiful. Thanks Bethy!



My good friend Beth doing my makeup.

Then when the others were getting their makeup done, my mom and I went to the church to set up the pew flowers/alter centerpiece and got me into my dress!



Talk, talk, talk.

That whole trip over was hectic - ended up forgetting my purse in the car that took us over - which had the rings in it. Somehow lost the church programs (found them again) and only had one very short panic attack. And then I was ready!



Mom putting my necklace one.

Dru had bought this for me probably over 5 years ago and was very special to me. My earring were my pearls I got in Hawaii in high school during a family trip.



Cute shoes. They're Uggs.



Mom ironing.

Everyone was super paranoid about my dress - I just wanted the wrinkles out. I had practiced weeks before the wedding on how to get it nice and non-wrinkled. Found that the iron on medium heat worked best - with nothing in between the fabric and the iron. It made everyone nervous and nobody would do it until I took the iron and showed them it wouldn't ruin the fabric.

It was a tough dress.




I was hot. And maybe a little nervous.



Margie and I.



My button.
Something old, something borrowed, and something blue.

Margie gave me this button awhile ago. It was (and will be) passed on to some woman special in your life that was not a daughter or relative. I remember one time (before I got engaged) I asked her about it (she has a list of previous people who have had it) and she got all excited that I was engaged.... :)



Girls getting ready!



More so.



Hurray! So corny. What can I say, we played sports.



KC and I. Love this picture.



Melissa and Julie. Love this one also.

We were all ready and it was time to go. Yikes. Had a quick stop (thanks Anupama and Kucku), and headed out the door to the actual church!



Parade of maroon.



Happy (and nervous) Del



Del and Dad

And that's it. Don't you just love my flowers.

No comments: