Friday, April 17

Salmon and Scruples

Two Fridays ago, Paul - our current housemate - decided he wanted to grill some salmon. So we made an event out of it!

Way to go Paul!

We had some of Darin's co-graduate students over to eat and play games.



Bonnie, making cupcakes



My new mixer, Cherrie
I love her.



Sergio and Jakey



Paul grillin'



Uncle Sam relaxing on the hammock

Bonnie and Sergio, Frank, Darin, Paul and I all ate too much food and played this crazy game called Scruples. Has anyone ever heard of this before? My father had gotten it for me as a Christmas presents a couple of years ago from a thrift shop (so my father), and I had it in a closet just gathering dust for awhile. Nobody wanted to play my XMen Monopoly, so Scruples it was. We also horded ourselves on Bonnie's cupcakes.



The cupcakes, home-made by Bonnie



We ate them all.

Scruples was fun. Basically, you got 5 question cards and 1 answer card. You went around in a circle, one person at a time, and asked someone else one of your question cards with the idea that they will answer the same answer as your answer card. Does this make sense?

An example:

Question Card - If someone is at your door selling something, would you buy that something if you knew the person would leave you alone?

Answer Card - Choice of: Yes, No, or Maybe

So I had the answer card of "Yes", so I asked Darin because I know that he would say yes. And he did, so I got rid of one of my cards.

Ta da! It was fun. Try it.

No comments: