Monday, September 13

The Obsession with Blue

I hate white walls.

I think it's because I lived in an apartment for too long and didn't have enough color stimulation.

Which is strange by the way because my room at the house I grew up in was all white (fact: I got to re-due the whole room style when I went into high school). I wanted white walls and white carpet. It was a fresh cool feeling in that room - also semi-country feeling. But never-the-less white.

Sigh.

I guess tastes change. Or maybe I was in color overload at the other house (I don't think was true but you never know). Or it could be college and graduate school housing over time just took it's toll.

Whatever the reason, I must have color. Must.

I could be as easy as a neutral beige or pretty light yellow. But for me, color was a must.

So the day we got our keys to our new place, even though I was super stressed and uber busy, I painted the walls blue. Or one wall blue. Whatever.

I have before and after pictures.





(Strange photo color, sorry.)





Blue. With spots.
(The spots weren't there when it dried completely).

But I'll have more after pictures when we get the paintings up!

And if you have a keen eye, you might realize that the blue was the same as our old family room. It was left-over from when we painted three years ago. Yikes. Man did I stir that paint! If you like a color, why not stick with it?



And I only really got paint on my hands. Woo hoo. I'm becoming a better painter.

Score.

No comments: