Tuesday, September 21

Texan Visit

A couple days before Labor Day Weekend, my friend LaShan came for a quick visit as she was meeting her family in Orlando to celebrate summer and all that Orlando has to offer!

I haven't seen her since she graduated and headed to Texas, so I was pretty excited to hear/see how she was doing and just spend time talkin'.

She ended up getting in semi-late on Wednesday night - we headed out for a quick dinner with Darin, and then headed home.

Thursday, I took the day off (woo hoo) so we could relax and enjoy the sunshine with her. We headed over to Cocoa Beach but I was a little afraid because we had a hurricane off our shores and the water was supposed to be crazy strong.

* Which it was! We were afraid (as was everyone else at the beach) to go in too deep.

But it was a beautiful day to spend enjoying the sunshine and breezes.







Dark water - can you see it in the photos? The water was this dark brown color - not from gross stuff in the water, but from the waves turning everything up from the ocean floor. There were also tons of fish jumping out of the water at every moment - I've never experienced anything like this before. It was cool and gross at the same time. (I'm not too fond of fish. Yak.)



Shan at our spot!



We ended up sitting right in front of Coconuts and right in front of the life guards - we didn't want to take any chances.



Where did her feet go?

As I've mentioned, the water was crazy strong - we walked a lot up and down our little stretch of sand and did go in the water to cool off a bit. While we were there, three little sea turtles washed up on shore. I guess there was a casting off of sea turtles by the Sea Turtle Preservation Society that morning and some of them got caught up my the rough seas. The life guards ended up taking them back to the preservation area.

Had a good fish lunch, drove around to see the sights, and then I dropped her off.

It was a brief yet fun (and relaxing) visit!

No comments: