Friday, September 10

Random Ramblings

I decided to write every Friday about the daily and weekly strangeness that happens to me every week.

Some weeks might be a little more exciting than others, but I often find myself telling people the funny stories that happen to me at work and beyond regardless.

Hope you enjoy.

***

This week.

(1)

Since we have the new apartment, we have a new area to do stuff in (which we've basically already lived in before we moved out to the house), and there is a new drive to work. For some weird reason, when I turn out of my apartment complex and go right, on Tuesday and Thursdays it's super busy. But other days it's not. I though it might be the time I was leaving, but I think now it has to do with the community college further south of us on our same road. I can't figure it out, but I LIKE routine. So it is annoying me greatly. We will see how it works out.

(2)

I listen to books in my car when I drive. I think most people know this - and if you're interested in what I have listened to in the past, I have a list of the side of the blog. Right now I'm listening to "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter".



It has (so far) completely taken me by surprise - love how it's creative and historical at the same time. And now whenever I think of our 16th president, I think of vampires.

This author has another book out. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Can't wait to read/listen to it.

(3)

Most of my company eats together at lunchtime. We definitely have little cliques here, but overall we mostly get along. A lot of people walk to the grocery store and pick up food for the week - lunch meat and chips, etc. The other day they got cheeseburger Doritos.



Now I am not a chip person. Or a sandwich person for the matter. But these are the strangest things you have ever tasted. They taste exactly, and I mean exactly, like McDon@lds cheeseburgers. It's creepy. You should check them out (but get a little bag because they're kind of overwhelming).

***

The end.

No comments: