Monday, August 24

The Preparation

Well, if you didn't know already, we had a giant surprise party for Darin on Saturday!

Hurray for 35!

I have been planning this party for quite some time - probably close to two months. Just to make sure people could come and dates could be thought of and changed if need be. My co-conspirator was our very good friend Al. He was in charge of getting Darin away from the house - and did a great job!

Here was the Evite, explaining everything...


Friday night, I went over to my MIL/FIL's house to make the pasta salad, bean corn salsa, and baked beans. Everyone pitched in to cook and it was a lot of fun. Darin thought I was out with my friend Janice having a girls night. Man, I was such a good liar. Even had stories to tell.

Saturday Darin, Al, and Scott (another good friend) went golfing. He left at noon, leaving me four hours to clean the house, go to the store to get the food, and get myself ready. Yikes. I barely made it...

It was a great success though. I will post pictures soon!

And thanks to everyone who helped with the surprise. I know Darin felt the love in the house!

No comments: